Welcome to Scenic Trinity County
Links to Things to Do in Trinity County, CA
ANNUAL EVENTS - TOP TEN LIST TO VISIT - THINGS TO DO LIST
VISITOR GUIDE LINKS - INDEX CALENDAR SECTION
Scroll through this page entirely....then go back and click links, otherwise you may miss some ideas and events... There is even some humor at the bottom of the page..Webmaster
VISITOR'S GUIDE LINKS
- Pasnit Tours- Free Registration to see website, $20 subscription! (HWY299, HWY36, HWY3)
- You link suggestions welcome
Motor Coach (Bus) Tours
Trinity Tourism and Event Calendar- Trinity's Best Source!
THINGS TO DO LIST- Many great ideas here
Every February "Lion Dance" - Joss House State Park, FREE ADMISSION
- Day Trips- Along The Scenic Byway or part of Trinity County each day.
- Gold Panning, people say there is still plenty of it left in the river
- View photos of Trinity County and review Maps of the Area.
- View the Trinity Nightlife Guide- The Wild West after dark!
- Visit Artists &Craftspersons at their Studios, galleries & Stores- See Paintings, Glasswork, Ceramics and More!
- Visit a 150 yr old Taoist Temple the Joss House State Park in Weaverville. Take the tour- Flat easy Walk!
- Tour Weaverville the Antique Shops and Merchants await. New List Provided soon!, you just have to find the first one!
- Visit the new dual screen air-conditioned Movie Theatre in Weaverville. REAL BUTTER on popcorn awaits!
- 1st Saturday of Month Weaverville Art Cruise- Art, Wine, Cheese, Fruit and Fun!
- Enjoy a round of Golf at Trinity Alps in Weaverville.
- See Art in the Garden and enjoy the Highland Art Center.
- Come Hike and Bike in Trinity county.
- Wine Tasting from local wineries- Weaverville, Hyampom and Trinity Center
- Enjoy Birding- Scan sky, tree-tops and shoreline for Bald Eagles, Osprey and other birds
- Visit the Trinity County Fair Visit the Fair in August.
- Try out that new metal detector in the parks or at the river's edge.
- The USFS Shasta-Trnity Forest Recreation opportunities are many. Be sure to visit the local Ranger Stations for brochures,maps,etc. or check here for Online printed materials.
- Visit Historic Weaverville's 150 year-old buildings in Old Town- Weaverville Tourism Website
- Watch the 4th of July Fireworks and Parade in Weaverville this year.
- Weaverville's walk through history Self-Guided Free Walking Tour and SUPER LINK LIST.
- Visit the Jake Jackson Museum and
- Visit the WeavervilleCam Tourism Website and look at pictures.
- Favorite Weaverville Picnic Spots and food suppliers.
- Look for the Sea Monster at the Ruth Lake Summer Fesival. See Ruth Lake Area Photos.
- Public Internet Access in Trinity County, blog and e-mail from Trinity County.
- Visit Hayfork's Old Tyme Independence Day Celebration at the Fairgrounds.
- Visit Hayfork Valley- A Great Rercreation and Retirement Area! Hayfork Chamber of Commerce Website.
- Visit the Fish Hatchery at Lewiston ...see them before they get away!
- Visit on of the Best Dam places Lewiston Dam, Trinity Dam, Buckhorn Dam, Whiskeytown Dam and Shasta Dam
- Visit the Scott Museum in Trinity Center, on Airport Road.
- See the Weaverville Lumber Mill- Trinity River Lumber Company .
- Bowling in Weaverville, higher scores at because of the higher altitude.
- Fishing the rivers and lakes of Trinity County. Professional Guides and unlimited fun.
- Long's Drug Store in Weaverville is OPEN 24 HRS A DAY..Fishing Gear availiable if yours falls in the water.
- Gambling- Visit Hoopa just over the Humboldt-Trinity County Line, or along I5 Highway.
- Horseback Riding- Horses to match your experience.
- Guided Fishing & Hunting Trips- Locals know where they are.
- Bring your home Softball Teams to Trinity for a Tournament.
- View Wildlife in the Forests and on the Lakes
- Visit the Natural Bridge in Hayfork Area- a historic Indian site and marvel
- Video Games- Blast Space Aliens while the Folks Fish. Or visit our Library!
- Scenic Drives or Car Rallies on our well-maintaned roads.
- Visit Old Shasta- On your way to or from Trinity County- 4 Mi East on 299
- Visit the Trinity Lake Area- Scenery, Restaurants, Fishing, Cabins Houseboats,etc.
- Explore the Shasta Trinity National Forest.
- Enjoy Safe Boating on one of our many lakes.
- River Rafting or Kayaking- White or Blue Water Adventures
- Snow, but don't forget your tire chains.
- Take that special photo or sketch our scenic countryside
- Do Absolutely Nothing, Listen to your FM Radio or Nap
- Wintertme cross-country Skiing beneath the Scenic Trinity Alps.
- Water Skiing, Swimming, and Floating on the many Trinity lakes .
- Enter your car or just visit the Car Show in Lowden Park in Weaverville- August
- Read books in our County or Museum Libraries
- "Travel the Trinity Highway" Book, read it and then drive 299 through history!
- Visit Turtle Bay Exploration Park in Redding on your
way to Trinity.
- Visit /Old Shasta- 4 miles West of Redding on your way to or from Trinity!
- Visit theJoss House State Park, a must see in Weaverville
- Bring your Boat, or rent one, check out the Boating Information page.
- Come Wednesday evenings to the Farmer's Markets; Weaverville, Hayfork, Dinesmore, Willow Creek and find fresh produce, crafts and misc items.
- Visit the Lee Ranch House in Weaverville, next to Fong Park.
- Visit the Ghostown in Helena, 30 minutes West of Weaverville.
- See Weaverville's Lowden Park to plan your family activity. Playground, Picnic area and Swimming pool.
See TrinityCam Calendar Section
See Top of Visitors Guide & Links
Webmaster's TOP TEN REASONS to Visit Trinity County
- 1- Get lost in the woods and meet our world-class Search and Rescue Group
- 2- Have your picture taken with defrosted trout from a local supermarket
- 3- Find Bigfoot or Intergalactic Travelers in the Forest.
- 4- Forget to lock your car and find it where you left it, with camera still on seat!.
- 5- Have that elective surgery in our excellent Trinity Hospital
- 6- Wear a dress away from home, the other guys at the office will never know.
- 7- Watch the Bears try and find the new Solid Waste Disposal Site
- 8- Buy a lottery ticket in Trinity it is about time someone won here!
- 9- Swap lies at a 100 year old bar, and look for bullet richochets from the 1850s
- 10- Drive around all day and not see a traffic light...
- Send your ideas to the webmaster to improve this list!
CONTACT the WEBMASTER
Last Updated: December 10, 2007
RETURN to TOP
RETURN to TRINITYCAM