Hiking and Biking in Trinity
LINKS and INFO
TRINITY CYCLING CALENDAR - BIKING TRAILS - HIKING TRAILS - LINKS
NOTE: 2008 is our 4th year developing this page. We hope it will help hikers and bikers enjoy Trinity County. A list of links
is being formulated for online use, and some information relating to what is availiable in Trinity County itself. Information from USFS Ranger Stations, Budman's Bookmine Bookstore in Weaverville and online pages. Your suggestions are encouraged.Webmaster
CHECK THESE WEBSITES FOR EVENTS
BikeCAL.Com-CALENDAR/INFO - Sac Valley Bike INFO
CAOBike- INFO/TOUR - ACTIVE.COM/CYCLING
2009 Cycling Event Calendar
Trinity County and Some Shasta & Humboldt
- May 24- 2009 REGISTER ONLINE - 12 Hours of Weaverville- 8am to 8pm, Trinity High School, Weaverville, CA. Relay for teams of 4,3,2 or solo, 8am to 8pm. Race #1 of the Bigfoot Solo Cup. The 11-mile course is on the flume trails and super-fun single-track of the Weaverville Basin Trail System. There's about 1300' of climbing per lap, most of that is in the first three miles, then it's mostly singletrack the whole way back! For on-line registration click on the photo above. Or to get a paper registration form, e-mail us or call (707)845-3095, be sure to leave your name and postal mailing address. This is a qualifier for the 24 Hours of Adrenalin World Championships.
- May 25, 2009- Gravity Day- Race Weaverville
- June 6, 2009- Hayfork Century Race - Sponsored by Hayfork Rotary Club Please CLICK ON LINKs for maps, and complete race info.
This one hundred and fifteen mile Century is made up of a figure eight course that challenges you with 12,000ft of climbing along with spectacular views of the Trinity Alps and Mt. Shasta, along with many other beautiful areas. The other three rides provide challenges for riders of varying abilities and distance needs, and are made up of sections of the Century Ride figure eight course.
For those of you who are interested in geology, you will be riding in and looking at the Klamath Mountains. These mountains are one of the most diverse and unique geological areas on this continent. This is eloquently described in David Rains Wallace's book "The Klamath Knot: Explorations of Myth and Evolution".
All the rides start and finish at the Trinity County Fairgrounds where the riders, family and friends will have ample camping and RV spots along with restrooms and hot showers. The Ride Lunch and Ride BBQ Dinner are also located at the Fairgrounds
- Trinity County Amateur Radio Club will be providing race safety communications.
- September 26, 27, 28, 2008- Whiskeytown Classic- See LINK for info
- October 4th, 2008,
24hrs of Whiskeytown, 9am to 5pm Saturday(8hr).. & 08:30am SAT to 08:30 SUN(24hr)- Whiskeytown Lake.- SEE LINK for info
- October 17 - 19, 2008 LAGRANGE FALL CLASSIC- Weaverville CA,, Trinity High School, Hillclimb Friday, Cross-Country Saturday, Short-Track Cross-Country Sunday morning, Downhill, Sunday morning, Mass-Start Downhill Sunday Afternoon. Come overdose on the singletrack of the Weaverville Basin Trail System. This one had been gone for 5 years, but we brought in back in 2003 to rave reviews. Come and experience why this one is a huge favorite! This one has it all...great courses in a quaint small town with cheap campsites nearby. On-line registration will open in May.
- Please forward your Trinity County Cycling Events to us!
- Ellison's Bicycle Shop- Weaverville- (530) 623-3377
- Some Bicycle Parts availiable 24hrs at LONGS DRUG- Weaverville- (530) 623-4866
Book & Map Stores
Local Brick and Mortar Establishments
- Weaverville: Budman's Book Mine, Old Town, accross from the Courthouse. Trail Maps, Books on Wilderness Area, Trails, County History and over 30,000 books in stock.
- Weaverville: Jake Jackson Museum Bookstore- History Books mostly, but some other titles of interest.
- Mamma Lamma Gift and Coffee Shop- 208 Main St., Weaverville- (530) 623-6363- Weaverville Basin Map & Books
- Weaverville, Hayfork, Trinity Center- Trinity County Library- County Library at Weaverville- Books and Maps
- Weaverville: Trinity County Chamber of Commerce- 215 Main Street, Weaverville, CA- (530) 623-6101-
- Weaverville Ranger Station- Maps and brochures availiable.
Online Book and Map Sources
National Park Service
- Whiskeytown Recreation Area- Check it out!
- DRIVE CAREFULLY IN WHISKEYTOWN AREA...CHP and NATIONAL PARK POLICE using radar along HWY 299. If cited when driving through this area, you may have to go to Sacramento to Federal Court if you contest it if cited by Park Service Officer. Keep speed to 55MPH or less DRIVE SAFELY IN OUR MOUNTAINS..
USFS Ranger Stations
- Weaverville Ranger Station- -P.O. Box 1190, 210 Main Street,
Weaverville, CA 96093,
(530)623-2121, (530)623-2124 (TTY-TDD), (530)623-6010 (FAX) - Shasta-Trinity Recreational
Area- Trinity River Management Unit- Wildernet-
including WHISKEYTOWN AREA- New Whiskeytown FALLS trail!
- Big Bar Ranger District- Shasta-Trinity National Forest, Star Rt. 1 Box 10, Big Bar, CA 96010- (530) 623-6106
- Hayfork Ranger District- Shasta-Trinity National Forest, P.O. 159, Hayfork. CA 96041- (530) 628-5227
- Yolla Bolla Ranger District- Shasta-Trinity National Forest, Platina, CA 96076- (530) 352-4211
- Six Rivers
- Coming Soon
- California Back Country Discovery Trail- INFO SOON
RETURN to TOP
Last Updated: September 14, 2008
CLICK HERE to Contact the Webmaster
This page has been viewed
times since last reset
Copyright © 2002- 2005