Use these prompts for 15 minute
1. Someone out of your past
returns and gives you a gift. Who is it? Describe the gift(s).
2. You have three wishes. Describe these wishes in detail and their results.
3. You have three wishes to grant to someone else. What are they, for
whom, and what are the results?
4. Remember something beautiful. Describe it in detail.
5. You have the power to acquire three new skills. (Playing the violin,
becoming psychic, running the mile in less than three minutes, etc.)
What are they? What effect do they have on your life?
6. You can change your body in any way you wish. How do you change it?
Describe what it feels like to walk around in that body.
7. You win the lottery: What do you do with the money?
8. List ten books that have influenced you the most. How?
9. Imagine yourself in a large store-department, sporting goods, antique,
restaurant supply, etc. Ten items are free. Describe what you would get.
10. Set ten (more or less) realistic goals for yourself. Describe your
life after you have accomplished each of them.
11. You have been given a single dose love potion. What do you do with
it? What are the results?
12. You can eliminate one person on earth without leaving a trace. Who
do you pick? Why?
13. You can redo one act from your past. How do you change it? Describe
14. Create a crowd scene: voices in an airport, restaurant, locker room,
Expand your crowd scene and turn it into a short play.
15. Write about the happiest or most satisfying time of your life.
16. Look around your living quarters and pick out the objects that have
particular meaning for you. Give the history of one of them.
17. Imagine yourself as the opposite gender. Describe a day in your life.
18. Imagine a bus coming down the toad which contains all of your subpersonalities.
Watch it come towards you, draw up, then stop. Describe these personalities
as they get off the bus. (For example: the efficient businesswoman, the
mad poet, the passionate gardener, the angry daughter, the loving friend,
19. Who from the past would you most like to see again? Describe a meeting
with that person.
20. Conjure up the image of your favorite historical character. Report
your conversation with this person.
21. Remember your favorite natural landscape or spot. Describe it as
it changes over the seasons.
22. You find a suitcase containing things you have needed or wanted for
a long time. Describe each item as you take it out of the suitcase.
23. Make up your own exercise and write for 15 minutes.