Software Evaluation Program
Frequently Asked Questions
Software Evaluation Schedule
|What is the Evaluation
Many software (and a few hardware) vendors offer their products for evaluation by User Groups as a form of promotion and advertising. Typically this evaluation takes the form of an article published in the User Group newsletter; in return the products become the property of the Reviewer or may be donated to the club.
How do I request
Where can I find software
What is the procedure
for requesting software?
Within 45 days of receiving the product WRITE AND SUBMIT TO Jane Quinn the following REVIEW
* A summary of the program's features in your own words. Several paragraphs outlining the purpose and benefits, including some steps for how those are accomplished. I liked this product and recommend it, is simply not enough information. A bulleted list of features copied from the vendor's website is not helpful.
* Include brief steps on how to find and use two or three features that you refer to. (Yes, we're repeating ourselves, but the educational portion is the best part of the review!)
* If you've used a previous version of this program or a similar program from another publisher, what features are new or improved?
* What did you like best? Least? Why? How? (Useful? Faster? Innovative? Was a feature easy to find in the user interface? Where?) Feel free to provide suggestions, wishes, and constructive complaints.
* What are the System Requirements, ( DO NOT include the installation or other procedural details ))
* The configuration of the author's PC except WHERE RELEVANT !. For example, a reviewer may wish to comment on ease of use of a program based on the ability of their PC's hardware or the recommended system requirements.
* Price or where to buy the program.
* Endorsements or recommendations to purchase the program.
What does the
Evaluations Chairperson do?
To fill this position the person must have Email and Internet access, and must have adequate time (and interest) to perform these duties in a timely, and responsible manner.
GENERAL DUTIES ARE:
Maintains positive Vendor relations and Club
Member communication channels
Last revised: 5/6/00